How to Make an Ice Cream Soda
An ice cream soda has always been a special treat, and can be made with any flavor syrup, or ice cream. The most popular has always been the Chocolate Ice Cream Soda, made with chocolate ice cream, according to preference. It is usually served in a tall glass, with a tall spoon and tall straws.
Half & Half Milk
Use a tall glass 20 to 22 oz, add small amount of soda water, pour in the chocolate syrup, and mix well.
Add 1 shot of half & half and stir lightly.
Add 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream,
Fill with soda water to 1⁄2 inch (1.3 cm) from top.
Top with whipped cream, a cherry and a long straw!
- Root beer Floats or black cows are vanilla ice cream and root beer prepared as above.
- A cherry soda would be maraschino cherry syrup, club soda and vanilla ice cream. Of course, a straw and tall spoon would also be used, and whipped cream and a cherry.
- Make sure that the seltzer is very cold.
- An ice cream float is just ice cream and soft drink. The favorites are usually Root Beer Float or Coke but can be made with any flavor soda.
- This is habit forming. Once you taste one, you will want more.